Technical Support Engineer
We are currently looking for a talented and bright Support Engineer to provide technical support to our customers specifically for banks, hedge funds and brokers in the city of London and to ensure all on premises /cloud services targets and Service Levels are met. You will also be trained on all aspects of dealer board and Voice recording within a trading floor.
·To resolve customer’s technical queries.
·To support and monitor Juniper firewalls
·Where necessary to answer the phone and provide a 1st /2nd line support.
·Assist in account management.
·To provide 1st /2nd line technical support to ensure the problem is resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
A. Primary functions
- To deal with customers and colleagues in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner, both face to face and on the telephone.
- To provide a resolution to the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible
B. Working within the support team
- Liaise with the engineers to support all of our customers
- Share any specialist knowledge and experience with your colleagues
C. Field Support/Specialist Services
- Provide field support when required
Candidate Specifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and social skills
- VMware ESXI implementations and administration skills.
- Networking and windows skills.
- VOIP, SIP.
- Juniper or equivalent firewall support and VPN IPsec tunnel.
- Dealer boards & Voice recording support
- A keen interest in all aspects of networking.
- The ability to work as part of a team and also individually
- Friendly personality & Willing to learn.
- Computer Science degree ( Desirable)
·Knowledge of CISCO Networking and Cisco Voice.
·Working within the banking industry.
·Knowledge of IP Networking and SIP Protocol ( Wireshark)
·CCNA, CVOICE is desirable.